By late 1888, the structure neared completion.
The entire first story was leased to Moreland Brothers and Crane, a tobacco and candy company. The interior fixtures of the store were installed by the Theime Mantel Company, and described in the local paper as follows:
“The outfit, which is to be located on the south side of the building, will be made of finely carved antique oak. The front office will be next to the window and the back of it will be covered with antique oak and plate glass trimmings that will reach to the ceiling….The furniture will undoubtable surpass anything in this part of the state”
On January 7, 1889 the IOOF held the first meeting in their new hall.